Terms and Conditions
NJride.com Cancellation Policy
Cancellations that occur less than four hours of the reservation time will result in a charge of the base fare plus any applicable tolls. Njride.com reserves the right to charge the entire base fare in advance at the time the reservation is made. In the event of a cancellation, Njride.com reserves the right to withhold that portion of the base fare not charged as a cancellation fee for a period of up to 60 days following the date of the scheduled service date. The cancellation and other fees set forth above also apply in the event the passenger is not available for his/her scheduled pick-up.
Njride.com Privacy Notice
By visiting Njride.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Njride.com Collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Njride.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our interface, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Njride.com
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Njride.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
Does Njride.com share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Therefore we do NOT share any of your information with any outside sources.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending mail and e-mail, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Njride.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do NOT give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Protection of Njride.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Njride.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Which Information Can I Access?
Njride.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Njride.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Njride.com features as your Profile, Account Management, Customer Reviews. You can add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences in My Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Njride.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.) The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Are Children Allowed to Use Njride.com?
If you are under 18, you may use Njride.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions:
If you choose to visit Njride.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New Jersey. If you have any concern about privacy at Njride.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use may change as a result. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected:
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you reserve a ride, request a quote, post, or participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Njride.com or one of our third-party sellers; make a purchase; provide information in Your Account or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people for whom rides have been reserved, including addresses and phone number; e-mails to us; personal description in Your Profile; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Njride.com include up-to-date information regarding recent reservations and completed transactions; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, and prior order history); and your Profile.